In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting Senate’s terms and conditions. “Senate”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of Senate’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing United States Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you whenever you use the service, for example:
- When you create an account on the Senate App, we may ask for Personal Information such as your name, email, mailing address, social media account ID, and other information you may provide with your account. You can edit certain information in your account through the Settings tab in the app.
- If you’re a customer of one of our member clubs, we collect information about you when you interact with their business through the service. For example, if you initiate a transaction with the member club through the service, such as an appointment or purchase, we may collect information about you, such as your name, email, credit card information, as well as any other information you provide in order to process the transaction.
- If you’re a member club, we collect information about your business that is submitted to the service under your account. When you sign up for our software service, we ask for your company name, address, phone number, email, credit card information, tax identification number, and other information about your business, as well as names and email addresses of authorized individuals on your account. We also collect Personal Information about your customers that they provide to the service when they initiate a transaction with you, such as an appointment or purchase.
- We may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the service, such as type of computer or mobile device, unique device identifier, IP Address, MAC address, device’s operating system and physical location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location). You may disable our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by disabling “Location services” for the Senate App in iOS privacy settings. We may also store usage data such as the date and time the application on your device accesses our servers, and what information and files have been downloaded to the application based on your device number.
- We may deploy and read identifiers (generally, strings of code) that we have associated with a browser, and we may collect mobile identifiers such as Apple IDFAs or Google Android Ad IDs. We generally use and share these identifiers to help tailor more relevant ads to you both on our properties and when you interact with other websites and mobile apps.
- If you initiate a transaction through the service, such as an appointment or purchase, we may collect and store information, including your name, phone number, address, email, and credit card information as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. We encrypt credit card numbers using industry standard technology. We may also collect other Personal Information at the request of the business you are transacting with.
- We may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, strategic and joint marketing partners, social media platforms, people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Senate App account, certain information from your social media account may be shared with us, including information that’s part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
- We may collect other Personal Information through the service under the direction of our member clubs.
How Personal Information May Be Used
We may use your personal information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase or class registration, for example, to process your payments, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters.
- To personalize your experience on the service by presenting products and offers tailored to you, including complementary products and services of our partners.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through our services, as described in the section below titled “referral contact information.”
- Our mobile applications may also send push notifications to your mobile device. If you have previously consented to receiving push notifications and no longer wish to receive them, you can also turn push notifications off at the device level. The applications may also request access to your device’s calendar application, camera, and microphone. If you have previously allowed access to your device’s calendar and no longer wish to allow access, you may edit the application settings at the device level.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our strategic partners and third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing services, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To our member clubs if you are an End User and are using our service to interact with that member club. Please contact the member club you interact with directly for more information on that member club’s privacy practices.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials, including as described in the sections below titled “Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews” and “Public Forum.”
- To your friends associated with your social media account, to other Website users and as well as to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity, such as if you connect your Facebook account to your Senate App account.
- For legal purposes described in the section below titled “Legal Disclosure.”
Please note that we may use and disclose other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within Senate on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such, any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than Senate’s partner clubs, and our parent company Bionetrix, unless legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Senate:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or Senate’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised Senate of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
Senate does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Minimum 24 hours notice of cancellation required. Notification for instance, in person, via email, mobile phone ‘text message’ and/or fax, or any other means will be accepted subject to confirmation in writing. We reserve the right to levy a $390 charge to cover the cost of Senate’s bio-metric device until the device is returned in working condition.
Termination of Agreements and Refunds Policy
Both the Client and ourselves have the right to terminate any Services Agreement for any reason, including the ending of services that are already underway. No refunds shall be offered, where a Service is deemed to have begun and is, for all intents and purposes, underway. Any monies that have been paid to us which constitute payment in respect of the provision of unused services, shall be refunded.
You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of Senate. Senate does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify Senate, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within Senate on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. Senate will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to Senate’s services and the full content of this website.
Senate’s logo is a registered trademark of Senate in the United States and other countries. The brand names and specific services of Senate featured on this web site are trade marked.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via Senate’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers.
Senate is registered in the state Delaware, USA.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of United States and other countries these terms and conditions. By accessing this website and using our products and services you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of Senate to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of Senate.
Notification of Changes
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and ourselves. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.